A Credit Union is seeking a Mortgage Loan Processor to join their real estate lending team in Garland, Texas.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Interview loan applicants to determine if they meet credit union requirements for a mortgage loan. Obtain credit reports, sales contracts, order appraisals and title policies, answers member questions, resolves all discrepancies, etc.
- Send out required loan disclosures, request income verification from members, verifies funds for closing from bank statements, and other required documents.
- Ensure all documentation is completed and signed before submitting the application and all supporting documentation to Underwriter for decisioning. Follow up with member after receiving loan decision to inform member of loan denial or approval.
- Determines if applicant meets Credit Union standards for further consideration.
- Informs applicant of closing costs, such as appraisal, credit report, and notary fees.
- NMLS and renew annually
- Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
- A high school education or GED.
- Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Medical, dental, paid holidays, and 401K match, and FUN work culture!
To apply for this position, please submit an application.